The Element Stones was written as an ongoing school assignment. At the beginning of each week I was given 15 vocabulary words. I then had to write 3 stories that each used 5 of the words. As you can imagine, the third one, using up the last 5 words, got rather desperate. So I wrote each section of The Element Stones as the first one. And I had to write a title for each one, hence the section break ever paragraph or so. This is NOT my best writing, to be sure.
Once I finish the school assignment, I will probably continue working on it, and the writing will get better because I won’t have to shape my story around what words I have to use that week.